For any foodservice operation to manage its risk effectively, managers must learn basic food safety principles, apply that information on the job every day, and pass a Conference for Food Protection/ American National Standards Institute (CFP/ANSI)-approved examination. NEHA's Professional Food Manager, Fifth Edition, supplies culinary and hospitality professionals and students with the knowledge to pass the CFP/ANSI-approved exam while helping to ensure the continued successful execution of food safety best practices in the workplace.
This book provides vital information on topics such as the principles of food safety management and how to use those principles to create a food safety culture. It also provides information on how to identify and avoid different contaminants; the importance of cleaning and sanitizing; latest information on reportable diseases; guidelines to follow before, during, and after an inspection; and a new chapter on HACCP.
The new fifth edition Professional Food Manager has been improved to:
- Use instructional design practices for improved learning/retentions
- Align with American Culinary Federation Education Foundation competencies
- Prepare candidates for CFP-approved food manager exams (e.g., Prometric, National Registry, ServSafe, etc.)
- Include an all-new instructor guide and companion classroom materials
- Offer volume discounts for NEHA Food Safety Instructors
- Conform to the 2015 FDA Food Code Supplement
Current and prospective managers needing food safety manager certification, as well as those who are already certified and seeking a refresher on best practices in food safety, will find Professional Food Manager, Fifth Edition to be an invaluable resource for achieving their goals and putting the outlined food safety principles to work.
Professional Food Manager (Fifth Edition)
National Environmental Health Association, Inc. (2017)
166 pages, paperback