Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Washington D.C.
Date Posted: July 12, 2017
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
About the Position
The Project Coordinator develops and executes tasks for project deliverables on a variety of environmental health topics in the Program & Partnership Development Department. This position manages department webpage updates and serves as a subject matter expert to other departments in the association. The Project Coordinator also represents the association in partnerships, meetings, and events.
This is a 100% telework position. Applicants must reside in the Washington D.C. area. This position will represent the association in meetings and events in the Washington D.C. area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Coordination (60%)
- Develops and executes tasks for project deliverables in topic areas
- Coordinates and facilitates multiple training workshops per year
- Prepares and compiles results for progress and final reports for funding agencies
- Facilitates conference calls, meetings, committees, workgroups, and focus groups
- Provides input to Assistant Manager in creation of project budgets
- Monitors project budgets and communicates any issues to Assistant Manager
- Communicates with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and other project participants
Project Development (10%)
- Develops proposals for projects, including content and budget
Program Development (10%)
- Coordinates program committees and development of resources and education
- Builds relationships and partnerships with agencies and subject matter experts in topic areas
Department Webpage (10%)
- Manages updates for department webpages and serves as liaison to the website team
Subject Matter Expert (10%)
- Serves as a resource to NEHA staff
- Participates in webinars to stay up-to-date on topic area(s)
- Develops content for topic area(s) on website
- Coordinates the development of position papers with program committee in topic area(s)
- Develops articles, columns, or chapters for applicable publications
- Represents NEHA in partnerships, meetings, and events
- Identifies topics and speakers for webinars and the annual education conference
Bachelor’s degree in environmental health or public health. Master’s degree in public health or related field with at least one year of environmental health experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum one year of experience in project coordination or management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Strong project coordination skills
- Website development and/or social media experience
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Subject matter expertise in one or more environmental health topics
- Professional presentations/publications skills
- Experience working with student populations
- Coaching/mentoring skills
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and with diverse audiences
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a telework position and environment
- Committed to our mission
- Learning spirit
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Marissa Mills, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
Who We Are
The mission of the National Environmental Health Association is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. With over 5,000 members and a growing staff of 30 employees we work to fulfill our mission by setting standards of excellence for the profession through our credentialing program; by providing opportunities for education and training at our annual conference as well as through online and in-person courses; and by providing advocacy through our Government Affairs Department. Our headquarters is located in the Denver area.
What We Offer
We offer a generous benefits plan including paid sick and vacation leave and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a five percent of base salary contribution to employee retirement plan; paid short and long-term disability plans and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The National Environmental Health Association provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the association complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the association has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.