Safety and Health Manager (Virtual)
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Date Posted: August 3, 2017
Application Deadline: September 2, 2017
Employment Type: Full time
Safety and Health Manager (Virtual)
About the Position
Sodexo is seeking experienced Health and Safety Manager who will be responsible for driving Food Safety performance across all Sodexo business segments in the defined geographical territory/zone. This zone includes the following states: CO, KS, OH, KY, IL, WV, ND, SD, MO, IN. This position leads a team of health and safety professionals residing in the zone ideally St. Louis, MO. This position is a virtual position and successful candidate must live within zone, preferably in one of the states mentioned. Travel required is 40% - 50%.
Provides H&S Consultation and Leadership within the Zone to drive H&S performance and Food Safety (HACCP) across all Sodexo business segments including:
- Ensures legal compliance in the zone to all Federal (Provincial), State and Local regulations.
- Full Support and leadership of proper deployment of both strategic and tactical activities, including but not limited to, safety improvement plans, injury investigations, root cause analysis, training, implementation of corrective action plans, etc.
- Contributes and assists in the development, revision, evaluation and implementation of the Company's quality assurance and food safety policies, procedures, standards and manuals. Develop and implement a process to evaluate product quality issues, including randomly sampling products.
- Provides representation, technical expertise, and guidance to regional operational management, support staff, and client(s) to help resolve food safety emergencies, complaints, or regulatory issues.
- Assists with the development of product specifications, quality attributes, and food safety parameters. Oversees and monitors the internal quality assurance/food safety audit process.
- Collaborate with Procurement, Culinary R&D, and Marketing, Distribution and vendors' technical support departments to develop new and/or product/process improvements. Determines and complies with stakeholder quality assurance expectations and develop/ implement quality improvement/corrective action plans.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in Food Safety or Physical Occupational Safety programs.
- Safety-related designation such as (CP-FS) Certified Professional - Food Safety or Registered Environmental Health Specialist/Registered Sanitarian (REHS/RS) credential.
- Subject matter expertise and domain knowledge in environmental regulations, OSHA regulations; HACCP, and program/project management.
- Team player and self-starter focusing on creating a collaborative, client centric solutions and associate EHS acumen.
- Strategic thinker with strong tactical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence across functional areas.
- Innovative with the agility to work in a fast pace and growing environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify the complex.
- Embraces diversity both in thought and experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with all of the following:
- Food Safety Program training and compliance deployment experience.
- Supplementary experience in environmental services and sanitation.
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish specifically)
Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balanceopportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees. Come join an industry leader and be part of making everyday a better day with Sodexo!
Manages the accident and fire prevention programs for an assigned geographic territory. Identifies unsafe conditions. Determines accident cause factors and facilitate appropriate remedial actions. Communicates accident prevention/fire prevention information to key management within assigned territory. Enforces compliance with company policy, federal, state, and local codes and standards involving the safety of employees and the public. Completes three safety audits per month.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in occupational health & safety programs, loss control, or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
How to Apply
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/4ynrkgd3bp6pqfrh