Customer Service Representative
Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: August 15, 2017
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Part time
Customer Service Representative
About the Position
The front desk Customer Service Representative is the brand representative, the human face and voice for the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA). This position manages phone calls, emails and other communications that support NEHA members and other customers. This position also provides overall office support and works directly with department staff to provide optimal customer services for NEHA members, credential holders, and visitors to the online bookstore.
This is a part time (0.70%) position. No benefits are provided other than working in a supportive and forward-thinking environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Service (40%)
- Manage all incoming calls and emails coming into general NEHA mailbox
- Greet guests and direct them appropriately
- Validate parking passes
Office Coordination (30%)
- Order supplies
- Process mail (incoming, outgoing, returned)
- Process copier meter readings
- Maintain office equipment including postage machine and printers/copiers
- Maintain lunchroom appliances
- Administer and troubleshoot phone system
- Schedule conference rooms
- Schedule recycling, Junk King and Waste Management
Department and Staff Support (30%)
- Serve as NEHA’s customer service expert with My NEHA portal and E-Learning systems
- Prepare and send monthly membership invoices
- Coordinate Journal of Environmental Health advertising invoices (monthly)
- Search MemberSuite on a routine basis and clean up duplicate accounts, verify status of member payments, and communicate issues to appropriate staff
- Run reports via MemberSuite as needed
- Provide miscellaneous support for staff, as time allows
- High school diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or equivalent is required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a customer service role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience working with MemberSuite or similar client relations management database
- Experience working in a member-focused non-profit organization
- Committed to our mission
- Learning spirit
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Marissa Mills, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
Who We Are
The mission of the National Environmental Health Association is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. With over 5,000 members and a growing staff of 30 employees we work to fulfill our mission by setting standards of excellence for the profession through our credentialing program; by providing opportunities for education and training at our annual conference as well as through online and in-person courses; and by providing advocacy through our Government Affairs Department. Our headquarters is located in the Denver area.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The National Environmental Health Association provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the association complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the association has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.