Marketing & Communications Manager
Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: November 9, 2017
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Marketing & Communications Manager
About the Position
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) seeks a Marketing & Communications Manager to create and implement programs and campaigns in support of product sales, public relations, and event management. This person will also coordinate internal and external communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing & Communications (45%)
- Creates and executes marketing campaigns to generate revenue and leads, retain and grow memberships and credential-holders, and create brand awareness for various communication channels including online advertising and Search Engine Optimization (SEO), direct mail, email marketing, conferences and events
- Analyzes campaign results data and makes recommendations for updates to campaigns
- Manages marketing operational budget
- Selects and manages relationships with marketing vendors
- Stays informed of changes and trends in the marketing environment
Annual Education Conference (AEC) (20%)
- Markets the annual conference
- Develops key contacts with local press members in the conference location
- Responds to and coordinates press inquiries
Content Creation (20%)
- Creates messaging and content for various communication channels content including web, e-mail, press releases, and social media posts for blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
Media Network (10%)
- Cultivates relationships with media in the Denver area and sources new opportunities for media exposure
Internal Communications (5%)
- Creates and manages internal communication resources for staff in the Denver and satellite offices
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND QUALITIES
- At least five years’ experience in a marketing and communications role with direct responsibility for developing marketing campaigns from concept to delivery
- Experience analyzing data results from marketing campaigns
- Copy writing and editing experience and skills
- Working knowledge of social media including blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Mission-oriented with a learning spirit and integrity
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of content management and email marketing systems
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite including Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and In-Design
- MemberSuite or other customer relationship management (CRM) software experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML and/or basic functioning of websites
- Event planning experience
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Marissa Mills, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
Who We Are
The mission of the National Environmental Health Association is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. With over 5,000 members and a growing staff of 30 employees we work to fulfill our mission by setting standards of excellence for the profession through our credentialing program; by providing opportunities for education and training at our annual conference as well as through online and in-person courses; and by providing advocacy through our Government Affairs Department. Our headquarters is located in the Denver area.
What We Offer
We offer a generous benefits plan including paid sick and vacation leave and health, dental, vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a five percent of base salary contribution to employee retirement plan; paid short and long-term disability plans and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The National Environmental Health Association provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the association complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the association has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.