Preventing Zika in the U.S.: What Environmental Health and Pest Management Professionals Need to Know
When: Thursday, March 3, 2016
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (US and Canada)
Summary: Environmental health and pest management professionals, need to be prepared for outbreaks of the Zika virus. This webinar will provide crucial information to developing prevention and awareness activities.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of the epidemiology of the Zika virus outbreak and concerns on how it could spread and change
- How the Zika virus is different than West Nile
- Aedes mosquito control - real world examples and what to consider
- Worker safety and preventive measures
- Public education around the Zika virus
Featured presenter: Sarah R. Michaels, MSPH, Supervisor of Mosquito Control, City of New Orleans Mosquito Control Board, New Orleans, LA
Space is limited.