Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: November 14, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
The mission of the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with partners such as the EPA, CDC and FDA on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness and more. With over 5,000 members and a growing staff of 30 employees we work to fulfill our mission by setting standards of excellence for the profession through our credentialing program; by providing opportunities for education and training at our annual conference as well as through online and in-person courses; and by providing advocacy through our Government Affairs Department. Our headquarters is located in the Denver area.
About the Position
NEHA is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will work directly with the NEHA Executive Director and will be responsible for performing several administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the point of contact between the Executive Director and internal/external clients.
- Coordinates executive communications, including responding to emails as appropriate.
- Drafts letters and other organizational documents.
- Schedules meetings and appointments and manages travel itineraries.
- Maintains an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Upholds a strict level of confidentiality.
- Develops and sustains a level of professionalism among staff and partners.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs. or less.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience on a year-for-year basis.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs and software.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Professional demeanor.
How to Apply
Apply for this position through our portal here.
What We Offer
We offer a generous benefits plan including paid sick and vacation leave and health, dental, vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a five percent of base salary contribution to employee retirement plan; paid short and long-term disability plans and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The National Environmental Health Association provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the association complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the association has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.