Company: Maryland Department of Health
Location: Baltimore, MD
Date Posted: February 8, 2019
Application Deadline: March 8, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $44,898.00 - $71,671.00/year
Plan Review Specialist (Sanitarian IV, Registered)
About the Position
The Plan Review Specialist coordinates a Statewide program that provides for the review and approval of plans for new and remodeling food establishments and ensures inspection of these facilities to determine compliance with State and Federal law, regulations, and standards.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Environmental Sanitarians under the certificate of eligibility requirements for Environmental Sanitarians.
Experience: Four years of environmental health work experience in the promotion, control, and maintenance of environmental health.
1. Applicants may substitute a master’s degree in public health or environmental health sciences for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer Environmental Engineering classifications or Environmental Engineering specialty codes in the Engineering and Science field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate will have:
1. Experience reviewing architectural plans, HACCP plans and process for retail and manufacturing facilities;
2. Experience dealing with and working with developers for new food businesses, constituents and stakeholders in the food industry, and local health departments; and,
3. Experience conducting inspections of food service facilities and food processing plants for licensing approval.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Environmental Health Specialists from the Maryland State Board of Environmental Health Specialists. A copy of you current registration must be attached to the application.
2. The licensure requirements are pursuant to State Environmental Article, Title 11, COMAR 26.07.01 through 26.07.04. The Secretary of the Department of Budget and Management cannot accept any substitutions.
3. Further information on eligibility requirements, to include application for license, may be obtained from the Administrative Officer, Maryland State Board of Health Specialists, 4201 Patterson Ave., Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online by the March 8, 2019 @ 11:59:00 PM.