Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Traveling Position
Date Posted: April 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Contract
About the Position
NEHA is engaged in a national search for qualified subject matter experts to bolster our existing cadre of environmental health trainers/instructors. Qualified individuals will possess the education and experience in their field and have background in face-to-face teaching with adult learners using various modalities such as facilitation, peer-to-peer learning, hands-on demonstrations and observational assessments. Teaching assignments will range from 3-14 days and will require travel.
- Creates a positive classroom culture through demonstration of respect for learners and their knowledge.
- Consistently uses open-ended questions and active listening.
- Appropriately uses presentation, facilitation, and demonstration techniques.
- Evaluates the quality of the learning experience and adjusts, as needed, while assessing needs for further learning.
- Provides immediate and helpful feedback that promotes participation and collaboration.
- Provides accurate responses to questions about content or application posed during course lecture, discussions, or exercises based on experience.
This is a contractor position. This position is not eligible for association benefits.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Three (3) years or equivalent teaching experience with adult learners.
- Five (5) or more years environmental health regulatory experience or equivalent.
- Evidence of a working knowledge and practical regulatory application in one or more of the following categories:
- General Environmental Health
- General Public Health
- Laws, Statutes, and Regulations
- Food Protection
- Institutions and Licensed Establishments (including Early Childhood and Adult Care facilities)
- Housing Sanitation and Safety
- Potable Water
- Solid and Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Materials
- Zoonoses, Vectors, Pests, and Poisonous Plants
- Radiation Protection
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality
- Nuisance abatement, including noise
- Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs
- Recreational Facilities & Hospitality Industry
- Disaster Sanitation
- Beauty and Body Art Operations
Regulatory experience should be documented using a work history and brief explanation of job responsibilities and tasks. Equivalent regulatory experience may include acting as a private consultant, a subject matter expert developing environmental health regulatory codes, and academic and/or laboratory expertise. Equivalent experience should be documented using a work history and brief explanation of job responsibilities and tasks.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Certificates of completion for applicable courses may also be included.